Are you a Dance Specialist and interested in joining DFD?
Connect with Us!
Kara Kaplan PT, DPT – SPEAR Physical Therapy
Kara Kaplan earned her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Long Island University — Brooklyn. She has clinical experience working with a wide range of patient populations in multiple settings, including outpatient orthopedics, sports rehabilitation, acute medical/surgical intensive care units, and adult neurological rehabilitation. During her time at LIU, she also had the opportunity to provide physical therapy services to a community of underserved children in Belize.
Prior to pursuing her doctorate, Kara completed her undergraduate studies at Hunter College, where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance. Dance has always been an integral part of Kara’s life and serves as the determining factor for her career choice in physical therapy. She has experience dancing both competitively and professionally for over 20 years and continues to pass on her extensive knowledge in the field by teaching dance classes on the weekends. Kara uses her trained eye in movement dysfunction, combined with a wide range of evidence-based treatment techniques, to identify the root of the problem and help her patients return to a full and healthy life. Kara has an interest in furthering her manual therapy skills with a focus in dance medicine.
Born and raised in Brooklyn, Kara is a native of New York City and wouldn’t have it any other way. In her free time, Kara enjoys dancing, spending time with her friends and family, and eating a lot of Italian food.
SPEAR is offering Telehealth PT services for all of our patients (new and current) that are unable to come into the clinic. It's a great way to connect, coach you on your exercises, and help make sure you're still making progress while you're stuck at home. Here's the quick version:
- Sessions are 30 minutes long through video chat and would be with a licensed physical therapist
- You can use a cell phone, laptop, tablet, etc - anything that can browse through Chrome or Firefox
- Cost per session is the same rate you would pay for an in-office visit, depending on your copay/coinsurance. Self-pay rate is $75 per session
- We can schedule pretty much anytime that works for both parties involved
* Doctors For Dancers makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information.
CREDENTIALS RECEIVED BY DFD PHYSICAL THERAPIST - STATE OF NY - LIC # 044922 LIABILITY INSURANCE All documents are on file.