Aimee Martel graduated in 2007 with her doctorate in physical therapy from Samuel Merritt University. She opened her practice in 2012 to focus on providing local dancers with the specialized care they deserve, and enjoys working with dancers from recreational through professional level. Aimee is also a Certified Progressing Ballet Technique Instructor, and enjoys offering this valuable conditioning program to her students and patients. In addition to treating patients, Aimee teaches annual technique strengthening intensives for students where they learn about the importance of cross training, safe stretching, relevant anatomy and physiology for the dancer, and common dance injury reduction strategies. She is the Bay Area team leader for The Bridge Dance Project, organizes a quarterly free speaker series for dancer health and wellness, and frequently volunteers in the community at dancer health events.
- Physical therapy
- Dance medicine
- Progressing Ballet Technique private and small group lessons
- Summer technique intensives
- Dancer wellness workshops
- Pointe readiness and healthy dancer screens
* Doctors For Dancers makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information.
CREDENTIALS VERIFIED 2020 PHYSICAL THERAPIST - STATE OF CA - LIC # PT34027 LIABILITY INSURANCE - EXPIRES 11/8/2021 All documents are on file.
Connect with Us
Injured? Text us to find someone in your area at 818-918-1832