Are you a Dance Specialist and interested in joining DFD? Connect with Us!
Dr. Amy Atmore is a Licensed Physical Therapist & Strength Conditioning coach specializing in sports medicine and injury prevention. Her dance background includes teaching and choreographing at Oregon State University, while also performing as a dancer for a D.I.M.E. squad. She moved to LA in 2007 to pursue a career in Physical Therapy and earned her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from USC in 2011. She has since treated hundreds of dancers from all genres and backgrounds including youth and professional ballet, hip hop, jazz, modern, ballroom, gymnastics, and figure skating. She has created return to sport testing criteria for dancers to safely transition them back to performance levels. Her treatment philosophy is based on the whole-person approach, incorporating movement analysis, individualized manual therapy, functional corrective exercises, and strength conditioning.
Specialty services include:
- Concussion/return to sport
- Rehabilitation of overuse injuries (neck, shoulder, spine, ankle, knees, toes)
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunctions
- Pre & Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Vertigo/vestibular rehabilitation
- Injury to performance training
- Strength & Conditioning following injury
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California
- B.S. Exercise Sport Science, Oregon State University
- Licensure: Licensed California Physical Therapist (PTBC)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- IASTM-L-2 Expert (Koh Education)
- Emergency Responder ( American Red Cross)
- Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- Clinical Instructor (American Physical Therapy Association)
* Doctors For Dancers makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information.
CREDENTIALS RECEIVED BY DFD DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY DIPLOMA - USC PHYSICAL THERAPY LICENSE - STATE OF CA - LIC # 38258 NATIONAL STRENGTH & CONDITIONING ASSOCIATION - ID # 000611734 CLINICAL STRENGTH & CONDITIONING SPECIALIST - ID # 7248075747 LIABILITY INSURANCE All documents are on file.