Are you a Dance Specialist and interested in joining DFD?
Connect with Us!
Gwen received both her Doctorate of Physical Therapy and Bachelors of Science from Ithaca College. As a young girl, she began a 14-year competitive Irish Dancing career in which she sustained numerous injuries. After several years of attending physical therapy, she decided to pursue it as a career.
Gwen has clinical experience in various settings including acute care and outpatient orthopedics. She has experience treating several populations including post-surgical, geriatrics, pediatrics and high-level dancers, gymnasts and athletes.
Gwen’s dance background has influenced her in pursuing a career to specialize in treating dancers, gymnasts, figure skaters, and other performing artists. She had the opportunity to work with dancers from Rochester City Ballet, Garth Fagan Dance, and The Draper Center. She also worked as a PT Aide at Connecticut Dance Physical Therapy throughout college.
Gwen believes that physical therapy is a team effort between the therapist and the patient. Both need to be dedicated to working together to rehabilitate the patient to their optimal level of performance and to prevent any future injuries.
After retiring from Irish dance, Gwen played intramural volleyball and enjoyed playing tennis with friends. She continues to stay active by playing recreational tennis, skiing, hiking and lifting weights.
SPEAR is offering Telehealth PT services for all of our patients (new and current) that are unable to come into the clinic. It's a great way to connect, coach you on your exercises, and help make sure you're still making progress while you're stuck at home. Here's the quick version:
- Sessions are 30 minutes long through video chat and would be with a licensed physical therapist
- You can use a cell phone, laptop, tablet, etc - anything that can browse through Chrome or Firefox
- Cost per session is the same rate you would pay for an in-office visit, depending on your copay/coinsurance. Self-pay rate is $75 per session
- We can schedule pretty much anytime that works for both parties involved
* Doctors For Dancers makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information.
CREDENTIALS RECEIVED BY DFD PHYSICAL THERAPIST - LIC # 042502-01 - STATE OF NY LIABILITY INSURANCE All documents are on file.