Jennifer Milner is a certified Pilates trainer specializing in dancers and post-injury recoveries. As a classical ballet dancer, Jennifer danced with several companies across the country, then moved to New York for musical theatre. After a knee injury ended a successful performing career, Jennifer became determined to use her experiences to help other dancers and performers. She became certified in the Pilates method of exercise, graduating from the Kane School of Core Integration under the renowned Kelly Kane and immersed herself in the world of dance rehabilitation as the on-site Pilates trainer for Westside Dance Physical Therapy (the official physical therapists for New York City Ballet and SAB), quickly developing a reputation as a knowledgeable, thoughtful, and compassionate trainer.
Jennifer has trained a wide variety of clients, from young dancers and gymnasts to Olympic medalists, Oscar winners, and world-famous dancers from New York City Ballet, the Kirov Ballet, ABT, San Francisco Ballet, Royal Ballet, and more. Jennifer mentored under the dance medicine pioneer Marika Molnar and earned a Certificate in Dance Rehabilitation Training through Ms. Molnar. Jennifer is certified in Mari-Jose Blom’s Smart Spine techniques, has studied with Erik Franklin, and is well-versed in anatomy and physiology, a number of adjunct rehabilitation and training methods, and health and nutrition.
Since moving to Dallas, Jennifer has continued to work with pre- and professional dancers from all over the metroplex and often has clients fly in from all over the country for sessions. Jennifer's experiences and training give her a unique insight and perspective on getting and maintaining a strong, healthy body at peak performance level. Jennifer is a member of the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science.
- PMA-certified Pilates Teacher; certified in Progressing Ballet Technique and Marie-Jose Blom Smartspine.
- Pilates training and conditioning(private and small group), including performance enhancement, injury prevention, and post-injury-rehabilitation training for returning to dance.
- One-on-one coaching for ballet, bringing dance science to the studio to fix technique and head off injuries
- Guest teaching for ballet or conditioning
- Guest lectures for dancers, studio owners, company directors: topics include injury prevention, structuring a conditioning season, working turnout safely, and more
* Doctors For Dancers makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources and review all information.
CREDENTIALS RECEIVED BY DFD KANE SCHOOL OF CORE INTEGRATION - PILATES BASIC TRAINING INTENSIVE PHASE I & II CERTIFIED DANCE REHABILITATION TRAINING PROGRESSING BALLET TECHNIQUE CERTIFICATION CERTIFIED POINTE SHOE FITTER LIABILITY INSURANCE All documents are on file.