Are you a Dance Specialist and interested in joining DFD? Connect with Us!
Monica Lorenzo is a Certified Athletic Trainer and founder of ROMO Fit, Inc. Monica’s mission is to facilitate and maintain a long, healthy career for all performing athletes.
After Monica’s own career as a competitive dancer, she received her degree in Athletic Training from The State University of New York at Stony Brook and her Masters of Science in Exercise Science from the California University of Pennsylvania. While attaining her masters degree, Monica refined her studies in biomechanics and earned her certification as a Corrective Exercise Specialist.
In 2009, Monica developed the first Athletic Training Program of its kind in the NBA for the New York Knicks Entertainment Teams at Madison Square Garden. The success of the program has led to over 50% reduction in new injury rates and continues to grow annually. Monica’s work has inspired the development of similar programs caring for Professional Sports Entertainment Teams.
Monica has also served as an Athletic Trainer for the Radio City Rockettes & Radio City Christmas Spectacular as well as Cirque du Soleil Wintuk and Zarkana. She continues to promote healthy performer lifestyle tools through injury prevention lectures in the school setting and dance competitions/conventions.
Services Provided In-Person & Virtually:
- Injury Prevention Screenings
- Movement Analysis Screenings
- Orthopedic Injury Evaluations & Rehabilitation
- Strength & Conditioning Programs
- Onsite Athletic Training Services
- Healthy Performer Lecture Series
* Doctors For Dancers makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources and review all information.
CREDENTIALS VERIFIED 2020 BOC CERTIFIED ATHLETIC TRAINER - EXPIRES 12/31/2021 NASM - CORRECTIVE EXERCISE SPECIALIST - COURSE COMPLETED DEC 5 2010 LIABILITY INSURANCE - EXPIRES 7/24/2020 All documents are on file.